Michelanglo — VENUS
Variant effect on structure
This tool has the aim of aiding structure-based exploration by using all the gathered information from different third-party databases that are pertinent to a given variant of interest, creating a sharable Michelaɴɢʟo page (see Citation for how to cite specific datasets).
The analysis runs in five steps.
- The first step gets the information of protein, such as the features and sequence,
- The second step gives the effect of the mutation independent of the structural data,
- The third step gives the location and neighbourhood of the residue,
- The fourth step gives the change in energy potential resulting from the target mutation,
- The fifth step gives a crude change in energy potential for all the gnomAD mutations known in gomAD control dataset
- For a description of how VENUS chooses the model see model choice
- For a description of the VENUS specific API routes and the redirect routes see URLs
- For an explanation of the free energy calculations see free energy
VENUS stands for Variant Effect oN Structure —no, the U is not there.