Michelanglo — VENUS
Variant effect on structure
This tool has the aim of aiding structure-based exploration by using all the gathered information from different third-party databases that are pertinent to a given variant of interest, creating a sharable Michelaɴɢʟo page (see Citation for how to cite specific datasets).
The analysis runs in five steps.
- The first simply gets the information of protein, such as the feature viewer,
- The second gives the effect of the mutation independent of the structural data,
- The third gives the location and neighbourhood of the residue,
- The fourth gives the change in energy potential resulting from the mutation,
- The fifth gives a crude change in energy potential resulting from the gnomAD mutations known in gomAD
- For a description of how VENUS chooses the model see VENUS model
- For a description of the VENUS specific API routes and the redirect routes see VENUS URLs
- For an explanation of the free energy calculations see VENUS energetics
VENUS stands for Variant Effect oN Structure —no, the U is not there.